Vacancy: Communication Assistant
The communication assistant supports the communication director in managing the external communication of International Perspective. For the promotion of the organisation and its activities, the use of social media is of particular importance. Additionally, they help publish announcements in our online magazine, and compose our monthly newsletter to our subscribers. In short, the communication assistant is responsible for our public visibility.
We provide you with the opportunity to enhance your knowledge of social media, and to improve organisational and communication skills, while enhancing your teamwork capabilities. The communication assistant will gain access to a set of professional tools. These include a personal IP e-mail address and access to the IP business card template.
- Manage IP’s presence on social media (Facebook, LinkedIn and Twitter).
- Develop a strategy for promotional activities on social media.
- Publish announcements in our online magazine.
- Compose and deliver IP’s newsletters.
Desired Skills and Experience
- Professional knowledge of Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn.
- Experience as a social media manager or similar position is a strong plus.
Excellent knowledge of the English language and good communication skills.
- Insight in and good knowledge of international affairs is a strong plus.
- Knowledge of Mailchimp is a plus.
Media assistants will have to become a member of the association of International Perspective. This membership ensures that you adhere to our internal regulations, although you will not be subject to any form of liability.
To apply for this position, send an e-mail with the heading ‘Media Assistant Application’ to . Application e-mails must be in English. This mail should contain:
- Your full name and contact details.
A short letter of motivation, explaining why you would like to volunteer with us.
* Upon application, we are available and willing to provide feedback on your resume!
Not what you were looking for? Return to our other vacancies.